Tuesday, February 3, 2015

David and Bethany are Married!...and a few other summer photos

Summer time has completely flown by on us! I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about fall weather. We have been so very busy around here this summer. Jonathan's brother, David, got married on June 21st, 2014. It was such a fun time, but very busy with showers, fellowships, and obviously the wedding. The rehearsal dinner was at the cutest little place. It was delicious and a sweet time of fellowship. Unfortunately, Grandmother Whitesides fell right after dinner and had to be rushed to the emergency room, where they confirmed that she broke her hip. She was so disappointed to have messed up David's night, which of course she did not, but she was so worried she had. Grandmother had surgery on Saturday and came out of surgery about 10 minutes before their ceremony started. She is recovering well, and has been staying at Aunt Nancy's since she was released from rehab.













The wedding was absolutely beautiful and such a reflection of Christ and His church - it was a worship service and the most beautiful wedding I think I've ever been to. There was just something about it that made them both glowing and so excited to be married. I loved every second of it :). Tucker was a ring bearer again and did great walking down with Bethany's nephew Weston. They were precious. Also, Jonathan and I were both in the wedding as well. Unfortunately I didn't get a very good shot of us as a family, but it was a fun night full of great time with friends and family.
Tucker and Weston were Ring Bearers and did a wonderful job!
Proud parents of the groom:

The Golding Girls...and one Riessen :)










My mom had to have surgery on Wednesday following the wedding to have half of her colon and small intestine removed. They found a mass when they did a colonoscopy and it was pretty much immediate surgery. She recovered well and is back at work now and doing fine. Thankfully everyone seems to be doing well even though it has been a CRAZY few months.  While I was at the hospital, Jill and her girls took my boys to the zoo. I was so thankful to have them watch the boys so I could be there with her. 








Visiting Mimi at the Hospital. Tucker bought her flowers.


Our garden has been putting out very nicely this season, we just haven't had much of a chance to actually have time to pick it! I've been a busy little bee trying to get it all put up before they are gone. We have plenty of pickles ready for the season ahead, and also pasta sauce, purple hulls, fresh peaches and cream corn, green beans, jalapeƱos, banana peppers, and more. Hopefully I have a few more weeks of canning so we can enjoy the fruits of our labor throughout the year.

Corn Day 2014:
Blackberry Preserves:

Sweet Pickles:


Making Pasta Sauce:








I'm ready for September to come on so we are back in a bit more of a routine around here. I like the cold days where we can cuddle up with a big stack of books and read for hours and enjoy each other's company. I LOVE summer time and the produce that it brings, but I feel way to busy to sit down and truly enjoy the season with my boys. I want to invest more into them in the summertime and haven't seemed to find that true amount of time that I can. I think that's why I love September so much. I have more of an opportunity to really spend good time with them and we can talk about so much of the important things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment