Friday, October 22, 2010

House Hunting is Finally Finished!!

I hope I don't speak (or blog) too soon, but we placed an offer on the cutest house in Somerville yesterday and they countered back within two hours of us placing the offer.  We accepted it immediately...we are going to be home owners!! 

The house is in need of some repairs (and I will post inside photos once we close and it's officially ours!), but we are willing and able to do the work...and by we I mean Jonathan.  I'm happy to help with as much as I can, but how much help is a 7 1/2 month pregnant woman really going to be?  I can't paint, or be around any of the "bad" fumes, so it'll be cleaning and moving little things that I can do...and decorate! :)

Once we close I will be 29 Weeks pregnant- sliding into that third trimester!  It's also the week before Thanksgiving, so needless to say, we will be working hard to move in before the baby, but prime holiday season will also be upon us. 

The house is only a few miles from the Somerville town square and it's on 7 acres.  It has three bedrooms and two and a half baths.  We cannot wait to get our hands on it and start making it ours!  We will need to paint every room in the house, rip up linoleum flooring throughout (even in the bedrooms!), add laminate hardwood and carpet throughout, update light fixtures, change the counter tops in the kitchen, and purchase appliances like a washer, dryer, refrigerator, and dishwasher. 

We are so excited about this new stage in our lives.  We have had such a peace about this house and it's just amazing to see God working in miraculous ways. 

Our GOAL is to be in the house by the second week of January (the baby should be here the first week of February), so we will be cutting it close, but really hoping to meet our goal as closely as possible.

I'll keep you posted on our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment