Thursday, August 2, 2012

"I'm Stretching You"

This is what Mrs. Diane said when she asked me to speak for girl talk on Tuesday night (July 26th).  She was "stretching" me.  Girl Talk is a series that our church does every month for June, July, and August for the women's ministry.  She has asked me to speak about the Secret's class that I took this past year by sharing a few easy recipes.  If this was just a few women, sure, but this normally has 300-500 women at this intimate gathering.  I honestly almost threw up when she asked me, much less thinking about doing it.  Needless to say, I knew I couldn't say no, so I said yes and just kind of knew it would be a disaster.

girl talk

Well, I did it.  That's about all I can say.  I had my 3 minutes of recipes, and I did do what was asked of me.  I know this is not my calling, and it makes me as nervous and crazy as can be.  I had a full script, which I was too nervous to follow, so I floundered through the recipes and finished my 8-10 minute speech in 3 flat.  I'm proud of myself for actually going through with it.  I wanted to back out so many times, but I stuck with it and it ended up being fine.

It's amazing what the Lord can direct us through and give us the power to do when we allow Him.  There is No way I could have done this in my own power, but by His grace I was able to go through with it.  I know this isn't anything exciting to read about, but I want to remember this in years to come and remember where the Lord has brought me through this journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment