Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weather

Wednesday's weather here was terrible!  Tucker and I made a palate in the closet and played there most of the morning...it was raining so hard that I couldn't even see out our window in our bedroom - he never knew the difference!  When I got out of the closet and looked out our front window this is what I saw...and this was actually pictures I took about 15 minutes after I got out - because J asked me to send him one so he would know what to expect when he got home.  I was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get to us because the water was up so high and it looked like it had completely wiped out our driveway over the creek, but thankfully it did not, but there were some amazing photos from it.  Our entire front and side yard was pretty much under water.  It burst our water line and I heard something pop in the house - thinking it was a water line inside, I turned off the water supply in the house and that's when I went out and saw this...the craziest thing I've seen in a long time.  Thankfully we had no problems and the water line was an easy fix, so we had water back on late last night.  I'm so glad I have a handy man to fix things around our house!  My dad came out before J got home, and when J got off, he and Mr. Mike came to look at everything and see what needed to be done.  The main problem was that we had several really large limbs stuck in our culvert, and our sweet neighbor, Mr. Dowdie came over with his tractor and helped pull them out with his front loader.  It was great because as soon as they got a few limbs out, it really started to clear out the debris and we realized that it was a tire stopping everything up.   

We also have 4 fields that back up to our property line and run the length of the main street to our house.  They were all completely underwater and looked like a lake. I meant to take a photo of them but when I remembered this morning, they are already back down.  It was so much rain that there was just no where for it all to go.  See the photos below - thankfully this was not too bad of a storm and everyone was safe.
I can't believe how terrible it was for so many other people though.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi.













No comments:

Post a Comment