Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Week of First's

This has definitely been a week of firsts for us! On Friday we had our first outing, Sunday was our first day at church (with Tucker), Monday was my first day of work, and Tuesday we had our first set of shots (our 2 month check up).

Last week was Mrs. Pam's birthday, so we went to Savannah to shop and have lunch- there were several of us who went - Mrs. Pam, Grandmother, Katherine, myself and Tucker, and then also Aunt Nancy, Jenny, Lauran, and her two girls, Emmie and Ellie. We had a great time - shopped and ate at Uptown Cafe. Here are a few photos from lunch. It was Tucker's first official outing, so I wanted to make sure we had photos to document it.

I had not planned on keeping him infor so long, but Emmie got RSV and I decided we shouldnt chance it. The only places Tucker had been before then were the Gilland's, the Golding's, and the Clark's.







Sunday we took Tucker to class with us. We have been going the past few weeks, but knew we couldn't take him just yet, so Mrs. Pam offered to keep him in the car because she does not have a class at 8am, so she kept him and then went to service once we were out of our life group class. It was neat to get to take him, but I think I was so worried that he was bothering people. I'm going to have to get over this though - he was very quiet and I don't really want to put him into the nursery until 12 weeks, so he'll be with us the next 4 weeks in class and service....hopefully it will go smoothly!
He was in the sweetest little church outfit - I just loved it! He is just so handsome...





 Tuesday we had his two month check up. He had to have his vaccination shots, so it was a rough visit. He also was weighed - he is 14 lbs and 7 oz. He is also in the 76th percentile for his height and 51st for his head growth. He is growing up so quickly! I just can't believe it. I asked the doctor about his acid reflux because he seems to really be spitting up a lot and choking on it...which obviously makes me very nervous. She said it's probably just that he isn't burping enough and is very hesitant to give him anything for it - which I'm glad. So I will be really trying to wake him up and burp him after every feeding instead of trying and giving up and letting him sleep when he doesn't burp. He also received all those sad shots today. He was so good - he obviously cried when she gave them to him, but as soon as I picked him up he stopped. I nursed him and he went straight to sleep and slept for a good while. Here are a few photos to document his visit:





1 comment:

  1. What an exciting week! Glad you guys are doing well. He is precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete