Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Poor little man

Our little man has been a little under the weather the last two days.  Sunday he woke up with a 100.2 fever.  I didn't think we should take him to church because I wouldn't want someone else bringing their little one to Tucker's class, and boy was I glad.  He slept for most of the day, but after his second nap he woke up and was burning up.  I checked his temp and it was 104.7.  I have never seen his temp climb above 103 so I was a bit crazy freaking out.  We gave him a bath and tried to get it down, giving him Tylenol, and it finally went down.  The rest of the day he was really mellow and just laid around.  He went to bed and had the worst little night mare I've ever seen.  I'm afraid it might have been a bit of a hallucination because he was not jumping on the crib when I got there like normal, but was stretching his arms out from his body, not reaching for me.  I snatched him up and it took us about 15 minutes to get him calm - he kept looking around and crying again like something was in the room with us and he was so petrified.  I hate seeing him like that.  I took him to the Chiropractor first thing Monday morning and he said to just keep doing what I was doing.  I really do trust my Chiropractor, and he is really good with him, but I had a mamma's intuition that said I should go on to his pediatrician as well, so I did.  I'm so glad we did because his fever was between 103-105 all day and he had tonsillitis. The doctor said it was either viral or strep.  He came back in and said it was strep - much to his surprise.  He said it's not common for children this young to end up with strep and tried to figure out where in the world he could have gotten it.  Apparently if someone is a carrier of strep (his mamma), then if they get it they can give it to someone if they drink or eat after each other.  I don't feel bad at all, but apparently I must have had it.  We made the decision for him to get a shot, so I honestly thought that his temperature would quickly go back down, but it was at 105 until almost bedtime on Monday night.  Poor baby was so pitiful. I'm praying he feels better tomorrow after his shot.
Sunday he wasn't feeling great, but he was still up for hanging out and watching a little TV with daddy.

Poor boy in the doctor's office.

So sweet!



Update:  The shot was the best idea we had.  He has taken 4 naps so far today, but is his sweet perky little self again.  I think by Thursday we will be back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment