Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Reason for the Season

Go to fullsize image
This has not been like any other Christmas season for us.  Normally we pick out our Christmas tree and cut it down the weekend after Thanksgiving and then enjoy it through the first of the year, but with us moving and preparing for a baby, we made the executive decision for no tree this year, not even decorations...which some days makes me want to cry.  I literally have NOTHING out for the holiday season, but it makes me wonder why we go to so much trouble to decorate our house for the season - is that what really makes Christmas so special?  No--It's given me a different way to reflect on Christmas this year. 

Believe me, I'm not a scrooge, far from it - and I will definitely be decorating my cut down tree and new home next year for the holidays (probably all of them!), but this year it was just too much to add to our plate, and in all of that, I'm reminded of God's love and the sacrifices of sending His only Son to this earth He created, in order to save measly sinners like me.  I'm so thankful to have a Heavenly Father who would consider us important enough to let His Son die for us...I'm so thankful Jesus was born in that manger to a virgin named Mary!

Go to fullsize image

I'm looking forward to spending time with our family this holiday season - and truly cherish the real reason for the season! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment