Thursday, December 23, 2010

House Update!

     We officially have paint on the walls!  Pretty much every room in the main living area of the house (including bedrooms and bathrooms) have been painted with a first coat - even a few with a second coat.  I can finally see the progression and I'm loving it!  J says that I'm getting too excited and don't need to jump the gun, but I'm thinking that we are almost close enough for flooring to go in...apparently painting walls does not mean this though.  We will get there - slow and steady wins the race (so I'm told!), so hopefully by this time next month we are living in our new home!!  I can't wait to get it all decorated and ready for little Tucker to come into the world - I'm ready to make my nest!! :)

See the photos below - they speak for themselves.

Tucker Wiley's Room

Wall officially knocked out! This is the living room

Master Bedroom

View from Master bath to doorway

All holes patched in the walls!

Pre-paint - looks much better now!

2nd Bathroom - Sage Green walls.

     I have to admit that I am trying to save as much as possible on my colors - so for Tucker's room I had found two cans of "mistent" paint that were the exact same and we used them.  Also, for the 2nd bathroom I found a gallon of mis-tent sage green and really liked it, so we are using that as well.  The rest of the house is painted a "Cashmere" color (Purchased at porter paint, but found the color at Lowes) and a Desert Trails (from Porter Paint).  The Cashmere is in our bedroom, the entry way, the living room, and will also be in the large den.  The Desert Trails was a decision made after the paint was on the bedroom and living room walls - we needed something to lighten up the kitchen, so I'm using that color in the entire kitchen, our master bathroom, hallways, 1/2 bath, pantry, and laundry room.  I absolutely love the colors!! 

We have also purchased our Tile, and it has been laid in the 2nd bathroom - now it just needs to be grouted and then laid in the 1/2 bath, laundry room and pantry...then the tiling is complete!  We are hoping to purchase the flooring this week and maybe start working on that right after Christmas.  I'm really excited about next weekend because I think with both of us having New Years Eve and New Years day to work, and other people who are wanting to come and help, we really might be able to see a lot of great progress by next weekend. 

It's all starting to come together.  I can't wait to post photos of finished rooms...well I'm sure they will never be "finished," maybe I should say furnished rooms!

Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas! I know we will...

No comments:

Post a Comment