Monday, August 29, 2011

Stripping Diapers Today...

Today has been a FULL day of stripping diapers (well really just the inserts).  Since Tucker has had an ear infection, it gave him a terrible diaper rash, so I new we needed to address the diapers, so I googled stripping.  I have stripped them before with dawn dish washing soap, but it seemed to never really get rid of bubbles, even after running the washing machine through the wash/rinse cycle 7-10 times...so I found a new attempt at stripping - The Dish Washer!  After having clean diapers, you stack the diapers in the dishwasher, making SURE the heating element is turned off, and then run the cycle with NO detergent, and No jet dry.  I have now run the dishwasher 6 times, and it's probably going to need another wash or two, but they should be like new when done.  I'll sun them tomorrow and I should have diapers ready to go!
Add the covers to the top rack - I actually ran this the first time with the inserts in the bottom and the covers in the top, but then pulled out the covers and spaced out my inserts - I figure the covers won't take as long to get the soap out of

Inserts ready to wash - make sure they aren't able to fall through the bottom

That's what I call a full load.


We played and crawled back and forth between toys while the dish washer was working so hard.
I can't wait to see if this is really as successful as people have stated it was.  I'm really looking forward to having diapers that aren't crusty any more.  That amoxicillin does a number on diapers - in hind sight I should have gone with sposies for 10 days and been done with it.
Hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend! I know we will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment