Friday, August 19, 2011

Naps in our world...

Naps lately seem to be no existant, nota. Not Happening!  This has been causing an iratable baby (somewhat), and a frustrated mom (again somewhat).  Tucker is so sweet, but he can get a little temper when he doesn't get a nap - and he refuses to take them, so I knew we needed a mommy's intervention.  I haven't been one to try the cry it out method so far, but his need for me and only me to put him down at nap time and bed time was just too much, and we had to break the cycle.  We started the process Monday - nap time at 9:30 or 10.  I could barely get him to hold out until 9:30 because he was so tired, so I put him down, and he cried for several minutes.  I was going in and comforting him, which seemed to not be very helpful, but more upsetting, but he finally fell asleep on his own and slept for an hour and a half - he needed that nap! The afternoon naps on the other hand were a whole other story - he was SO tired and SO frustrated that he cried for 45 minutes - I felt like the meanest mommy on the planet, but it had to be done. 

Tuesday seemed to go on without a hitch until the afternoon nap again - same thing, but this time for 30 minutes.  I check the monitor and saw this, I couldn't believe it, so I went to check on him and this is what I saw:


Really, he had learned to sit up in the bed...from being on his back.  I couldn't believe it, I laughed out loud! 
Wednesday he went down for his first nap within minutes, and the second one as soon as I laid him down.

Then there was Thursday....

Tucker woke up Wednesday night and was sick with a runny nose and caugh.  We were pretty much up all night, so I had no idea what to expect or how to go about Thursday....three days all for nothing.  But he slept at Grammy's for 2 hours - the longest nap he has ever taken there!  Also, he slept a little on our way home, buldn't finish his nap, so he took another one at 5:30.

We are still fighting the naps sometimes, but it's getting better - we are getting on a pattern and it's very obvious that he is getting used to the naps and is tired when I lay him down for them - but they are only an hour at a time - I'll take that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment