Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Officially Home Owners!

This was probably the most hectic weekend I can remember in a VERY long time...and the hectic ways started on Wednesday. 

I received a call on Wednesday night right before church from Ruch Clinic telling me that I failed my Glucose test and I would have to take a 3 hour test within 7 days.  This was tramatizing to me because 1. I was so worried that maybe I had done something that would affect little man and 2. I don't do needles.  I was so upset and just cried forever!  I finally pulled myself together and J and I started researching the causes and the effects it has on you if you truly do fail.  Come to find out though, I was supposed to fast for 12 hours before going in for the test, but was only told not to eat sugar, so I had eaten all day long.  (I have my test tomorrow - they will draw my blood 4 times, so I hope that I can handle it!)

On Thursday I had the busiest day at work I can remember having since I started in March.  We have been trying to sell our Malibu because we were wanting something a little larger for when the baby gets here.  On Thursday night, J told me that 3 people had called and were interested in seeing the car that night.  We ended up selling the car to the second couple who looked at it. 

Friday morning we closed on our house and got all the windows/glass repair kits we needed to start working right away.  We were very busy with correcting all the FHA Loan items that had to be ready by Monday morning.  We worked fairly late on Friday, and then Saturday we were back out at the house bright and early for a long day of work. 

I was able to get all the ugly wallpaper off the walls - YES!!  And they had our list of items that had to be fixed well under way... It's going to be a long process, but we are really pushing to be in by the end of December, first of January.  I am hoping that we can be completely moved in by January 1st...we'll see if that's just a dream!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend!  Mine starts this afternoon when I get off and I won't be back until Monday morning...definately looking forward to the break (as little of a break as it might be - we will be working on the house every spare second we have).

No comments:

Post a Comment