Friday, June 11, 2010

David's Birthday

Yesterday was my brother in law, David's birthday. He turned 18. We didn't want to steal anything special away from his day, so we thought a lot about whether to tell everyone or wait until another time. We decided that he would think that was neat if we gave him a present that told our little secret. We went to dinner at Longhorn and then went back to his parents house for pie. We made him wait until after singing Happy Birthday before opening the gift...we gave him a hat, and a card with a little money, but at the bottom was the best of all! We found a bib that said "I love my uncle!" When he opened it he just turned it around and all the fun began. Mrs Pam, Jonathan's mom was going crazy. She kept saying this is a mean joke, is it real? That's not funny! And then when she realized we were serious she started screaming and jumping up and down (for at least two minutes!)Needless to say she was so excited. So were the rest of them.




Unfortunately we couldn't tell his sisters in person becuase they were at the camp working all summer, so we sent them a text with a picture of David actually wearing the bib - priceless! We had a blast telling them and I think they were extremely excited. We're looking forward to getting to tell everyone else as well...but that will have to wait a little while (6 weeks to be exact).

******

On another note, the joys of morning sickness started yesterday. I woke up feeling bad at Midnight the previous night. I then woke up in the morning not wanting to go anywhere, but I had to muscle my way up and get going to face the day. Thankfully I had a very low key day at work, so I was able to take it slow, but I was still so exhauted. I seem to be getting headaches that start about 3pm (my body telling me it's done for the day). If I can just make it home and sleep when I get off for about 20-30 minutes it's like I have a whole new start to the evening and I really feel so much better in the end. I'm hoping that it will continue like this and I can just really try to take it easy and relax for a few minutes right after I get home from work. I think that it'll help me throughout my entire pregnancy...it' tough work growing a baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment