Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday LeBonheur

A few weeks back Tucker, Kassie, and I went to LeBonheur's 60th Birthday and also toured the new hospital with my mom.  My mom has worked at LeBonheur since she got out of college, and I have become a huge advocate of LeBonheur by volunteering through the TWIGS program while I was in high school and college.

TWIGS.gif 

I worked with the TWIGS for several years, and really enjoyed it.  The only reason I left was because we moved to Martin, and I just haven't really gotten back into the volunteering process since we've been back in Memphis.  I'm hoping that I can go back to volunteering before too long.  All that to say, I LOVED touring the hospital - it was so cool!  I couldn't believe that it didn't smell like the old hospital - that nasty "hospital" smell.
hospitalforweb.jpg

Tucker was so excited to be there :)

This was a "garden" on the second floor.  The children could look out and see all the "flowers" move when the wind  blows.

Kassie, Tucker, and I in front of the birthday card for LeBonheur - everyone signed it.

Sweet boy playing in the hallway and holding the fan for when we went outside.

Tucker and MiMi hitting the balloons.

Tucker LOVED the bubble machine - I think we might have to get one of these for the house.  He was fascinated with it for sure!


Once again wanting to play with the "Ball" which was actually a balloon.
We had a great time of fellowship.  It was so unbelievably hot there, but we had fun playing, eating, and touring the hospital.  It was neat seeing where my mom works and meeting/seeing again several of the ladies she works with.

No comments:

Post a Comment