Friday, January 13, 2017

November 2016 Part 2

So I thought I had done so good...I had purchased a fire pit for Jonathan's birthday. He had wanted one for a few weeks, so I was super excited that I might have pulled off getting something that I knew he wanted without him knowing. So he comes home that night with this. The night that I spent 4 hours going from store to store to pick out the one I thought he would like. And the funny thing is, I chose between two and this was the one I almost bought!


The boys were so excited to have a fire that night.



They LOVED the smores. 


Daddy searched the store high and low for gluten free graham crackers....he couldn't find them so he found sweet potato crackers that he LOVED!


Here's how Wyatt felt about the whole thing.




Thanksgiving with the Gilland's.


We found this cutie on the way to Thanksgiving and Jonathan picked him up the following day. Aunt Say Say kept him for several weeks and he also made a short visit with the Ray's for a week before coming to our house. He is So Sweet and the boys LOVED their christmas present!


Thanksgiving was a LONG day. We rested before going to the next get together.


Dinner with cousins!


Thursday date day with this cutie.



Date lunch with daddy.


We had a super fun night watching the Polar Express. We had (almond milk) hot chocolate and popcorn and it was  such a fun treat. We don't ever get to have hot chocolate bc it's made with milk, but I figured out a recipe that is delicious and we have loved it this season! 

In case you are wondering...it's a cup of almond milk, and then the dry ingredients - 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup cocoa powder. Mix all together and then add three TBSP to each cup of almond milk. I just cook it on the stove and whisk it in. I don't feel like I"m missing out AT ALL. It's so rich and delicious! 

I wouldn't say it's healthy, but definitely delicious!


This guy is READING!!!


Rainy day play time in the mud. I mean what else would a kid do on a rainy day right?



I saw a train ginger bread kit and thought that would be SO fun! We put together the set, but then it needed to dry before we decorated, so we went to lunch with Mimi at Off the Hoof, and then came back and decorated after naps. It turned out pretty cute. Definitely not like the box, but maybe we'll make this a tradition and get better each year.





Finished product...



No comments:

Post a Comment