Friday, February 4, 2011

My almost final visit to the doctor…

I was so hoping for a “you’re dilated 5 cm and 90% effaced” message yesterday when I went for my 39 week check up – or even a little more dilated than 2cm, but unfortunately what I got instead was “Everything is still the same” – What?? Are you kidding me? Is he EVER going to come out? I’m going to be pregnant this time next week is what you are telling me?

I wasn’t really very happy – and then I got less happy – she decided she wanted to do an ultrasound – which would normally be awesome, but J hadn’t come, and she seemed to be hiding something – I didn’t like the sound of this. So I questioned her about it – Why are we doing this? Her response was because she thought I was “hiding” the baby really well and that he was a lot larger than she had thought he was going to be – so off to the ultrasound tech for seeing how big our little man was…and was he big! Currently, he is measuring in the 80th percentile of newborn babies – he is a whopping 8 lbs, 7 oz, and still has a week of baking left! They said the fact that he is so low means he “fits”, so I should hopefully have no problem with delivery, but that I’m going to be laboring a lot longer than I would if he was the original 7 lbs, 5 oz that she had assumed he would be three weeks ago – yes, just three weeks ago!

I really want him to come naturally and not have to induce, so I have started really trying to get him ready – we walked almost three miles yesterday at the track, I had spicy food, and did stairs when I got home. All of this to no avail – I was really tight with Braxton Hicks contractions all night last night, but no real progress that I can tell.
I have had severe pelvic pains this morning, but I don’t know if he’s on a nerve, or if he’s so large that he’s sitting on it, or maybe, just maybe I’m in the really early stages of labor – I’m not holding my breath though. We’ll see what this weekend holds – I’m sure ready to meet our little Tucker Wiley – I just can’t wait!
We are ready – Bags packed. Check. Camera Ready. Check. Camcorder Charged (My parents just bought us one for the hospital!). Check.
All we need is little Tucker – I’m sorry if I’m driving all of you crazy with my concentration only on one thing the past few weeks, but really, there is not much more that I can even think about – other than just getting him here!

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment